The record business is imploding. Why does everybody seem to be starting their own record label? If any of the following describe your whole business model, you’re probably not part of the solution:
1) Record companies are losing money. As a non-profit, this is our core competency.
2) We already have a bunch of recordings. The rest is easy, right?
3) Everybody else is doing it.
4) Nobody would release our album.
5) Because of the Internet.
6) It will really annoy our old label.
7) There was nothing on TV.
8) The union said we could.
9) To gain international acclaim.
10) Nobody plays Beethoven 5 like we do.